Acoustic guitar is one of the most amazing musical instruments in the world. With stunning tones, endless possibilities and the ability to play completely unplugged and on the go, the acoustic guitar is the preferred instrument for many musicians. However, finding the best affordable acoustic guitars isn't always an easy task. You want to get quality tones and a comfortable fretboard without having to overspend.
Fortunately, we've done a ton of research and we managed to narrow down a list of the 6 best acoustic guitars for under $1,000. If you're on a tight budget or even if you just want a mid range acoustic guitar for off-stage use, you're going to love the options below. All of the best acoustic guitars listed below are guaranteed to provide you with an amazing experience. Browse our comparison chart below and make sure to read our reviews of the best sounding acoustic guitars under $1,000.
Top 6 Acoustic Guitars Under $1,000
|Buy Now||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product|
How to Find the Best Sounding Acoustic Guitar Under $1,000
When shopping for the best affordable acoustic guitars, you'll want to compare a few features. Obviously you won't be able to get the highest quality finishes and all the perks that come along with a much more expensive instrument. However, you can still manage to get a professional sounding tone and a guitar that you love to play for under $1,000. We're going to cover a few of the basic things you should look our for when shopping for the best acoustic guitar under $1,000.
- Fretboard - Choosing a fretboard wisely is very important. It's the part that accumulates the most wear over the years and a quality fretboard can help you preserve your guitar for much longer. The three best options for guitars under $1,000 are mahogany, ebony and maple, but maple necks are more commonly seen on electric guitars.
- Neck Thickness - Another important thing to consider is the thickness of the neck. Too many beginner and intermediate guitar players mistakingly purchase a neck that is too thick or too thin for their hands. Most acoustic guitar necks range between 41 to 46 mm in thickness.
- Body Type - The guitar body type is another crucial factor to compare when shopping for an affordable, yet quality guitar online. There are three main body types you should compare, dreadnought, jumbo and slim body. Dreadnoughts are the standard and most versatile body types, so you should opt for this if you aren't too sure which one to pick. Jumbo guitar bodies are larger and slim bodies are smaller.
- Acoustic Electric - If an acoustic electric guitar fits your budget, it's often a good idea to go with this additional feature. Unless of course you never plan on using it with an amplifier. An acoustic Electric guitar basically comes with an input jack that allows you to plug your acoustic guitar into an amplifier. Aftermarket inputs can always be installed afterwards.
- Additional Perks - Many guitars will come equipped with additional perks such as gig bags, chords, tuners and even built-in tuners. If you're goal is to get the best acoustic guitar for the money, you should avoid buying a guitar that comes with too many extras. You should spend more on the guitar itself and purchase chords, picks, tuners and other extras as you go.
Over 2.6 million guitars were sold in the USA in 2016. Roughly 53% of them were acoustics and the average sale price was just about $433 USD per guitar.
Overall retail value of guitars sold has increased by roughly 7%. This is due to the price of guitars rising.
Now that you know what to look out for in an acoustic guitar online, you will want to also compare a few other factors. For instance, the overall design of the guitar may seem like a pointless factor to compare, but if you don't love the way your guitar looks, you may be tempted to play it less often. Compare different styles, different paint colors and also make sure to get a guitar that is the perfect length for you. Browse our acoustic guitar comparison chart above for the best 6 options or keep scrolling for acoustic guitar reviews all available for less than 1000 dollars.
3 Best Acoustic Guitars Under $1,000 Reviews
Taylor 214CE 200 Series
One of the best options to choose if you're looking for acoustic guitars at $1,000 is the Taylor 214CE 200 Series. This guitar brings you an outstanding tone and a quality build making it ideal for live shows, unplugged gigs and even practice sessions. The Taylor Grand Auditorium Cutaway body is made from a venetian top and a sitka spruce back. The 42.8mm neck width makes this a versatile guitar for most players and 25.4" length makes this a full size guitar capable of handling any type of music genres. The genuine African ebony neck is made to last and can withstand years and years of heavy use. If you're willing to spend roughly $1,000 on an acoustic guitar, we highly recommend the Taylor 214CE 200 Series.
The Martin DRS2 is yet another one of the good acoustic guitars that will provide you with years of amazing tone and sustain. Whether you're into blues, rock, country or pop, this guitar can handle it all. The 25.4" oval shaped neck is extremely comfortable on your palms even during extended periods of use. The top is made from solid sitka spruce and the back/sides are made from solid sapele. This Martin guitar has a hardshell case included and the price is just under $830, making it one of the most affordable quality acoustic guitars on the market. If you're looking for the best without wanting to spend a small fortune, you're going to fall in love with the Martin DRS2 guitar.
Seagull S6 Original
Another one of the excellent acoustic guitars on the market is the Seagull S6 Original. With tons of positive reviews over the years and an affordable price of just $399, this guitar is one of the best ways to experience quality without overspending. The Seagull S6 Original is made in North America, has a cherry back, a cedar top and a maple neck. Weighing in at just about 9 pounds and with a scale length of 24.8-inches, this guitar is capable of handling just about any type of music without weighing you down. The Seagull S6 Original is great for people with short fingers and long fingers alike. If you're looking for one of the best affordable acoustic guitars online, you're going to love the Seagull S6 Original.